Coal Ash Processing
For a business seeking to develop a facility to recover ash with cementitious properties, PEC can provide the necessary technical services.
- Evaluation of reserves.
- Evaluation of laboratory testing.
- Landfill planning recovery.
- Conceptual and economic studies.
- Pre-feasibility and bankable feasibility studies.
- Receiving and storage.
- Materials handling.
- Environmental controls.
- Rail and truck dispatch.
- Project schedule development.
- Selection of process equipment.
- CapEx and OpEx verification.
- Procurement & expediting assistance.
- Contractor selection assistance.
- Site advisory services.
- Commissioning and start-up assistance.
- Full project development for rail-to-truck remote terminals.
Coal Grinding and Firing Systems - HAZOP Analysis
A Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) is a key element of a Process Safety Management (PSM) program. It analyzes potential risks to personnel operating in an industrial environment. A PHA is a thorough detailed systematic approach to finding potential hazards in an industrial plant. It includes an analysis of the equipment, instrumentation, utilities, human actions, and external factors which could be potential hazards.
Environmental and Qualitative Benefits of Supplementary Cementitious Materials
Concrete is the most widely used construction material in the world. Approximately 10 billion tons of concrete are produced each year. On average, 15% by weight of concrete is cement, and each metric ton of cement produced generates 900 kg of CO2, making cement production account for 9% of CO2 global emissions.
Explore additional articles related to the coal industry and other topics of interest.