PEC Consulting Group provides Consulting services to major lime manufacturers and the mining industry.
Backed up by a workforce of professionals with expertise in all aspects of lime plant design, we provide consulting services for the development of Greenfield Lime plants (reserve evaluations, conceptual designs, capital and operating cost estimates, and economic analysis); Brownfield lime plant projects; lime plant process audits; maintenance audits; energy generation and energy efficiency studies; and other type of studies for overall quality and productivity improvements. Our services for the lime industry include the following:
- Lime Projects Scoping Studies.
- Conceptual and Economic Studies for Lime Plant Projects, including plant and mine design.
- Logistics Analysis for the supply of Lime, Limestone, dolomite and its derivatives.
- Project Schedule Development, CAPEX Studies and OPEX Studies.
- Economic Studies, Market Studies and Financial Studies.
- Pre Feasibility and Bankable Feasibility Studies for new lime plants and plant expansions.
- Investigation and evaluation of raw materials, including Limestone, Travertine, Sea Shells.
- Surface geological exploration, core drilling programs, and testing of raw material physical and chemical properties.
- Mine and quarry planning.
- Environmental emissions assessment and selection of control technologies for particulate matter, SO2, NOX, VOC, Dioxin/Furan.
- Selection of suitable process technology for limestone calcinations, including Vertical Kilns, Vertical Parallel Flow Kilns, Preheater Rotary Kilns and Long Rotary Kilns.
- Comprehensive quicklime plant consultancy services.
- Flow diagram development with heat and material balances.
- Equipment evaluation.
- Lime plant equipment fabrication inspections.
- Development of Laboratory Specifications.
- Waste Heat Recovery (WHR) / Energy Generation and efficiency studies.
- Due Diligence for Acquisitions.
- Lime Industry Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Lime Plant Process Audits and productivity improvements.
- Lime Plants Maintenance and Reliability Audits.
- Management consulting.
- Operations evaluation and operators training.
- Development of Bid Documents for Main Process Equipment.
- Contract Negotiation.
- Closure of Contracts.
- Auxiliary Equipment Selection Assistance and Material handling.
- Construction Bid Documents Preparation.
- Contractor Selection Assistance.
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control Monitoring.
- Procurement and Expediting Assistance.
- Site Advisory Services.
- Commissioning and Start-up Assistance.
Lime Plant Consultants
As a leading provider of services to the Lime Industry, we have the expertise to manage and design a project from concept to commissioning. We provide services to industries producing Quicklime, Dolomitic Lime, Hydrated Lime; Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC), Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC), Soda Ash, Calcium Chloride and other chemicals derived from carbonates.
We are proud to have served, among others:
- Ash Grove Cement Co.
- Carmeuse Lime & Stone.
- Chemical Lime Company.
- Cutler Magner.
- Graymont, Inc.
- Grupo Argos.
- Grupo Gloria.
- Mississippi Lime Co.
- Puerto Rican Cement.
- Southern Peru Copper.
- United States Lime & Minerals, Inc.
We have provided Consulting Services to the Lime Industry in North America, Central America, the Caribbean, South America, and Saudi Arabia.
Our lime process expertise covers all production areas:
- Air separation.
- Material handling.
- Derived industries.
To download a representative list of projects, please click here.
Limestone Sampling and Testing - Cement and Lime Mines
Some limestone mines contain reserves that are massive, thick deposits with small variances in the chemistry of the limestone. Provided there are no complicated geologic structures within the deposit, the mine can rely heavily on the original core testing data to predict the quality of the limestone feeding the plant.
The Effects of Impurities on Lime Quality
“Lime” is a very general term used to describe virtually all finely divided types of limestone and burned forms of lime. However, by definition, lime is only calcined limestone known as quicklime, calcium oxide, and a secondary product namely hydrated lime (calcium hydroxide) or slaked lime (milk of lime). There are two basic types of limestone – high calcium and high magnesium (dolomitic).
Explore additional articles related to the lime industry and other topics of interest.